1. So You Think You Can Dance- At the beginning of this season, I wasn't so sure if it was going to meet my expectations, but this week it finally did! I looked everywhere to put clips of some of my favorite dancers(Ashleigh, Jakob, Legacy, Katherine, Elenore and Ryan) but was out of luck. Darn!
2. Hot Cocoa- I LOVE when it starts getting colder and I can justify drinking hot chocolate. Although in Texas that only means in the 60s, I still look forward to it every year. Now that there is Cool Whip in a can, it makes me even happier!
3. New Recipes- I absolutely LOVED this one, and it just randomly caught my eye when I was cutting coupons last week. It definitely has that fall feel/taste, and is super yummy!
3. New Recipes- I absolutely LOVED this one, and it just randomly caught my eye when I was cutting coupons last week. It definitely has that fall feel/taste, and is super yummy!Sweet Potatoes with Apples and Cranberries
Makes 4 Servings
1. Combine in Medium of Large Ziploc Zip N Steam bag:
3. Cook on full power for 8 to 9 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender. If needed, continue microwaving at 30 second intervals until sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Shake gently to distribute and then carefully open bag and serve.
1. Combine in Medium of Large Ziploc Zip N Steam bag:
- 2 Medium to large sweet potatoes (about 1-1 1/4 lbs total), peeled and cut into bite size pieces (definitely make sure they are bite size otherwise they won't get done)
- 1 Medium Granny Smith apple, cored and diced into small pieces (I think you could even use 2 because they were my favorite part)
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinammon
3. Cook on full power for 8 to 9 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender. If needed, continue microwaving at 30 second intervals until sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Shake gently to distribute and then carefully open bag and serve.

I love the steam bags, and this was a way to make something that was delicious, kinda healthy and could even be served as a dessert!
1 comment:
Jakob is amazing when he dances, creepy when he talks. I still love the show and DVR it to savor without commercial interruption!
Post a Comment