Next week though, next week.
Instead I am sharing something that I made the last time my parents were in town.
Layered Salad:
That's an actual picture of my salad, isn't she pretty?!
Overall, I was pretty impressed. I think I would maybe add some ranch seasoning to the dressing next time because I LOVE ranch. But overall, I thought it was a BEAUTIFUL salad and fairly easy to make. Also, definitely use the amount of lettuce she says because I thought she was crazy and that it seemed like it was a TON so I cut it in half. I WAS WRONG. The lettuce shrinks down overnight so definitely go by the recipe. Here is a link to her step by step instructions.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/08/layered-salad/
Recipe: Layered Salad
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Servings: 12
Ingredients
SALAD:
-2 heads Iceberg Lettuce, Chopped
-8 ounces, fluid Baby Spinach, Washed And Dried
-Salt And Pepper, to taste
-8 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped
-16 ounces, weight Bacon, Cooked And Chopped
-4 whole Tomatoes, Chopped
-1 bunch Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
-8 ounces, weight Cheddar Cheese, Grated
-1 bag (10 Ounce) Frozen Peas, Partially Thawed
-FOR THE DRESSING:
-½ cups (Real) Mayonnaise
-½ cups Sour Cream
-1 Tablespoon Sugar (more To Taste)
Preparation Instructions
In a clear glass bowl, layer salad ingredients in the order they appear above, concentrating ingredients around the perimeter of the bowl and filling in the center with lettuce, if needed. End with the layer of peas.
Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour over the top of the peas and spread to cover, bringing dressing all the way out to the edges of the bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours. Toss just before serving.
I am off to finish some tutu's for the Warrior Dash this weekend- pictures to be posted soon, hopefully tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment